Environmental Due Diligence
AIM commentary: Environmental Due Diligence
Environmental Due Diligence will be part and parcel of the upcoming EU Human Rights Due Diligence (HRDD) and Sustainable Corporate Governance (SCG) legislation as environmental impacts are closely linked to human rights impacts.
Whilst HRDD is well described in international reference frameworks, such as the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, environmental due diligence reference frameworks are harder to come by, with the exception of chapter VI of the OECD guidelines. Together with amfori, the global business association for open and sustainable trade, AIM has outlined its views to this debate.
Responsible Sourcing Initiative – AIM-Progress
AIM-Progress is a forum of leading Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) manufacturers and common suppliers, assembled to enable and promote responsible sourcing practices and sustainable supply chains. It is a global initiative supported and sponsored by AIM, the European Brands Association.
The goal of AIM-Progress is to:
Positively impact people’s lives and ensure respect for human rights, while delivering value to our members and their supply chains.
Our members work together to co-create solutions and share best practices to drive positive impact, quickly, efficiently and at scale, within the branded consumer goods supply chain. We abide by applicable anti-trust legislation.
Our key objective is to build capability so that member organisations and their suppliers have the knowledge, confidence and ability to develop and execute robust responsible sourcing programmes.
- We focus on the issues that matter – respect for human rights.
- We aim to drive positive impact through responsible sourcing.
- We prioritise practical action, not just conversation, to create lasting change in global supply chains.
- We believe in collaboration between brands and suppliers (with due respect for anti-trust legislation).
- We believe in building partnerships and networking.
- We collaborate to drive convergence in approaches to responsible sourcing.