JOB OPENING: AIM is seeking an AIM-Progress Executive Director
AIM-Progress is a forum of consumer goods manufacturers and suppliers assembled to enable and promote responsible sourcing practices and sustainable production systems. It is a global initiative supported and sponsored by AIM, the European Brands Association, with the key vision to “positively impact people’s lives and ensure respect for human rights, while delivering value to our members and their supply chains.”
The AIM-Progress Executive Director is accountable for the overall delivery and success of the organization and will report to the AIM Director General and AIM-Progress Leadership team.
- Provide leadership to the AIM-Progress membership and Secretariat to meet the 2025 vision and strategy;
- Catalyse and scale delivery of AIM-Progress strategy and deliverables, and help the members achieve their own commitments for responsible sourcing and a sustainable supply chain focused on driving human rights within their value chains;
- Will successfully shape and promote AIM-Progress externally to engage a strong and diverse network of people and organizations to accelerate positive impact for responsible sourcing and human rights.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Lead the public profile, professionalization, and engagement for AIM-Progress and its members;
- Continue to develop thought leadership, a clear vision and strategic plans to drive positive impact – leading the overall AIM-Progress strategy development and execution on behalf of members;
- Catalyse and scale change through effective engagement of the Membership, Working Groups, the Leadership Team, and Advisory Board, playing a leading role in the industry on behalf of members;
- Provide effective leadership to the Secretariat;
- Support further membership retention and growth for AIM-Progress;
- Ultimate accountability for delivery of AIM-Progress Workstreams, Strategies.
Further Detail on Overall Responsibilities:
- Lead the public profile and engagement
- Act as “face of” and lead spokesperson for AIM-Progress;
- Fulfil public speaking duties and representation of AIM-Progress at relevant meetings & events;
- Build and maintain strong relations with members and key external stakeholders;
- Identify, forge, and leverage strategic partnerships with key relevant organisations and stakeholders;
- Support targeted membership growth and new member recruitment and engagement through regional hubs, increasing diversity in membership.
Strengthen operational governance, communications, vision and strategic plans
- Ensure proper governance processes for AIM-Progress in alignment with the umbrella organization, AIM - the European Brands Association;
- Successfully shape, implement and promote AIM-Progress strategic aims;
- Lead strategic approach for AIM-Progress on advocacy;
- Provide strategic engagement between workstreams and projects;
- Identify external funding opportunities.
Catalyse and scale change
- Effective engagement of the Membership and strategic partners, ensuring a leading role in the industry on behalf of members;
- Build transparent and trusting relationships with the Leadership Team and Advisory Board;
- Oversee and guide the delivery of AIM-Progress programs and working groups
- in line with AIM-Progress committed targets and strategic aims.
Provide effective leadership to the Secretariat team and AIM-Progress organization
- Lead the AIM-Progress Secretariat with accountability for overall staff performance;
- Financial and Organizational Management;
- Lead member meetings, content planning and facilitation alongside the Secretariat.
Manage strong communications between membership, secretariat, and stakeholders
- Provide regular updates to AIM Board and AIM-Progress Leadership Team;
- Lead AIM-Progress brand development and oversee public / internal messaging and communications alongside secretariat.
- Demonstrated leadership within global sustainable sourcing, procurement, sustainability, or related strategy development;
- Strong strategic, analytical and conceptual skills with deep knowledge of human rights;
- Thorough understanding of sustainability challenges within the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely with a virtual team;
- Proven success in consulting and/or large-scale project management;
- Strong IT literacy and confident in learning about new IT systems;
- Experience in supply chain or responsible sourcing preferable and a minimum of 10-15 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of assurance and verification processes within the FMCG sector is preferred;
- Full professional proficiency in English is required; additional languages are an asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area.
Please send your application to Mary-Joy Demesmaeker at AIM – the European Brands Association (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the REF: APED/0107
Deadline for applications: 21 July 2021
CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF VERSION OF THE ROLE DESCRIPTION