JOB OPENING: AIM is seeking a Technical Manager HolyGrail 2.0 Initiative to join its Brussels team
AIM, the European Brands Association, represents the branded consumer goods industries in Europe on key issues that affect the ability of brand manufacturers to design, distribute and market their brands. AIM’s membership consists of 2,500 companies of all sizes, through our direct corporate members and national associations, who innovate, create and invest across the EU in the personal care, homecare, food, beverages, apparel, toys and luxury goods sectors.
AIM facilitates the Digital Watermarks Initiative HolyGrail 2.0 as a R&D project with more than 160 companies and organisations involved from the complete packaging value chain. The objective to prove the technical viability of digital watermarks for accurate sorting of packaging waste as well as the economic viability of the business case at large scale.
HolyGrail 2.0 includes 3 phases:
1) Development of prototype detection unit;
2) Semi-industrial trials;
3) Industrial trials.
To spearhead the next phase of this project, AIM is recruiting a Technical Manager on a contractual basis to support the technical team for organising the industrial test phase of the HolyGrail 2.0 initiative.
- In-depth industry knowledge regarding best practices, policies regarding plastics processing and recycling technology.
- In-depth industry knowledge regarding plastic packaging.
- Fluent in English; both written and spoken.
- Experience in data collection, critical interpretation and data reporting.
- Experience in doing audits or monitoring plastic processing and/or recycling activities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure while respecting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to send clear technical information or results to colleagues, partners, customers.
- Good organizational skills and structured work approach (organization of trials, data management, etc.).
- Open-minded, a fast learner and a good networker.
- Team player and proactive.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Advising and assisting the project facilitator (AIM – European Brands Association) with the organisation and execution of industrial trials to evaluate and validate the technical feasibility of the HolyGrail 2.0 technology.
- Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of the HolyGrail 2.0 technology.
- Examining data, records, reports and other documents concerning HolyGrail 2.0 validation activities.
- Preparing technical reports.
- Organising technical meetings.
- Medium to heavy travel schedule for supporting, overseeing and validating trials at the pre-defined test locations.
Deadline: 18 October 2022
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org