JOB OPENING (CLOSED): AIM is seeking a Manager, Sustainability to join its Brussels team
AIM, the European Brands Association, represents the branded consumer goods industries in Europe on key issues that affect the ability of brand manufacturers to design, distribute and market their brands. AIM’s membership consists of 2,500 companies of all sizes, through our direct corporate members and national associations, who innovate, create and invest across the EU in the personal care, homecare, food, beverages, apparel, toys and luxury goods sectors.
AIM is seeking to recruit a Manager, Sustainability on a permanent contract, to join the team, based in Brussels.
Develop AIM positions representing members views on EU legislative files and initiatives including the EU Green Deal, Sustainable Development, Circular Economy and Consumer Empowerment.
- Monitor files and legislative processes; draft positions, amendments and related communications material; implement external stakeholder outreach and advocacy plans; drive engagement, presentation and exchanges with key stakeholders from industry, academia, civil society and EU / national policymakers.
- Manage and coordinate AIM’s Sustainable Development Committee with member companies’ and national association sustainability experts, setting the committee’s priorities with the Chairs.
- Manage AIM initiatives related to sustainability and consumers, e.g. AIM Nudging for Good Awards; policy roundtables.
The successful candidate has:
- 6 - 8 years’ experience of working with the EU institutions and other stakeholders in Brussels, with an excellent knowledge of EU processes, interactions and the dynamics of EU policymaking;
- Proven ability to analyse, draft and develop positions, coordinating a range of views and collating these into succinct and relevant points of view;
- Experience in forging collaborative working relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Experience in implementing public affairs campaigns, with clear goals and measurable outcomes;
- Knowledge of sustainability issues, environmental issues and consumer affairs issues;
- A dynamic team-player, willing to take initiative with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who pro-actively works with the team of our members and colleagues to achieve our goals;
- Excellent presentation, communication and drafting skills, with a keen attention to detail; fluent spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of the branded goods industry in Europe is an asset.
The position offers:
The opportunity to work with the most iconic national and global brands in the consumer goods sector;
A dynamic and flexible working environment, with the opportunity to take initiative and drive programmes;
A competitive package on a full-time contract.
Please send your CV to Mary-Joy Demesmaeker at email@example.com
Deadline: 31 October 2022