JOB OPENING: AIM is seeking a Competition & Legal Affairs Manager to join its Brussels team
AIM, the European Brands Association, represents the branded goods industries in Europe on key issues that affect the ability of brand manufacturers to design, distribute and market their brands. AIM’s membership consists of 2,500 companies of all sizes, through our direct corporate members and national associations, who innovate, create and invest across the European Union in the personal care, household hygiene, food, beverages, apparel, toys and luxury goods sectors.
AIM is seeking a Competition & Legal Affairs Manager to join the team, based in Brussels, who will have responsibility for competition and legal affairs policies and regulatory affairs affecting our members.
The successful candidate will have:
- 6 – 8 years’ experience working on competition policy and regulatory issues at EU level, gained in a law firm, competition law authority, in-house legal department of a multinational company or in a trade association;
- A law degree, with a thorough understanding of the EU institutional framework and procedures;
- Analytical skills, with proven ability to draft and develop positions, coordinating a range of views and collating these to provide relevant arguments and points of view;
- Expertise in B2B relations, including the digital economy, as well as sustainability issues and awareness of ongoing policy and legislative developments in European and national competition law that are relevant for the consumer goods sector;
- Experience of working across EU markets an asset;
- A dynamic team-player, willing to take initiative with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who pro-actively works with the team of our members and colleagues to achieve our goals;
- Excellent presentation, communication and drafting skills, with a keen attention to detail; fluent spoken and written English.
The position offers:
- The opportunity to work with the most iconic brands in the consumer goods sector;
- A dynamic and flexible working environment, with the opportunity to take initiative and drive programmes;
- A competitive package; full-time employee.
Please send CV to the Office Manager stating REF: CLA/2020: Bernadette.Bracken@aim.be
Deadline: 30 November 2020