Barilla Group has released its new Sustainability Report. It represents the opportunity to share the path taken by the Company with society at large and to give a concrete contribution to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, part of the 2030 Agenda. Highlights include the achievements reached so far thanks to projects aimed at improving the nutritional profile of products and the quality of each ingredient, strengthening the sustainability of supply chains and communicating transparently with consumers.
GOOD FOR YOU:
- Reformulated the recipes of 420 products reducing the quantity of fats, saturated fats or sugar, or increading the fiver content (since 2010)
- Removed palm oil from 100% of the products
- Engaged more than 18,000 children in activities dedicated to food and physical education, and healthier lifestyles.
GOOD FOR THE PLANET:
- Involved more than 3,000 farmers in sustainable agriculture projects for our key raw materials
- Publicly committed to eliminate any test of taw materials or finished products on animals.
- Increased the recyclablility of packaging, reaching 99.4%.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 30% and water consumption by 21%, per tonne of finished product (since 2010)
(Source: Barilla Group)