AIM, the European Brands Association, has been accepted to the Advisory Committee of the Consumer Information Programme for Sustainable Consumption and Production (CI-SCP). This programme sits under the 10 Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production which was adopted at the World Summit on Sustainable Development in 2012 and supports the global shift to SCP and the achievement of SDG 12. Its implementation mechanism is the One Planet Network, with UN Environment as partner.
The One Planet Network encompasses in total six multi-stakeholder programmes:
- Sustainable Buildings and Construction
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Consumer Information for Sustainable Consumption and Production Programme (CI-SCP)
- Sustainable Public Procurement
- Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainable Lifestyles and Education
AIM joined the CI-SCP Programme with its three core objectives:
- Improve availability, accessibility and quality of consumer information
- Drive change in business and government
- Enhance communication to drive behavioural change
This programme is led by the Environment Ministries of Germany and Indonesia and Consumers International. It is furthermore supported by a Multi-stakeholder Advisory Committee (MAC) - recently joined by AIM - which provides technical and strategic advice, as well as by a network of partners which implements projects and contributes to the working groups.
More information: www.oneplanetnetwork.org